It’s only three days in so really, it’s too early to make any predictions but what I’ve got going for me so far:
- I’ve met the word count goal every day so far
- I’ve found a way to sneak like 15-20 minutes of writing into my regular routine with only minor changes that my son only sort of notices.
- My husband is on board so far with helping me find more time by taking the kids on a nap ride in the afternoon without me. This won’t work every day but it’s working so far
- I’ve chosen a story that I’m interested in finding out more about in a location I’ve been curious about for a while with a main character who reflects some of my current attitudes about interacting with other humans (bad) so it’s been easy to write so far
- I’m so used to surviving on precious little sleep at this point. Like, why not stay up writing a few extra half-hours?
What I’ve got going against me is:
- Having two children now, neither or whom will nap without a ride in the car or go to bed at night without a whole lot of love and attention.
- Two imploding job situations where I’m dealing with two separate sets of problems alongside two teams of people who can’t always handle their shiz
- Honestly, like three or four non-consecutive hours of sleep at night. I’m on the brink of sleep-deprived madness, for REAL. Maybe it’s fueling my creativity? Or maybe it’s making my husband and children WANT to escape from me for a few hours every afternoon. Hard to say.
Anyway, I’m at 5100 words and the fam’s not back from their nap ride yet so I’m going to forge ahead and make tomorrow easier.
Or I could take a break and watch another episode of A Million Little Things. Can you believe the baby’s father is the other guy? No, because you don’t care? Well, I kinda do… for the 54 minutes I’m watching, anyway.